Take a few moments and look at this list. Is there anything that you can do to improve your blog today?
- Spread out the content in your sidebars to create more white space.
- Check your widget codes for errors. If someone gives you a grab code or ad code for your site, PLEASE check it for accuracy BEFORE you put it up on your site. It can cause your site to crash (Widgets Can Kill Your Blog) or cause other weird formatting issues. This is a VERY common problem that we fix almost daily on blogs we work on.
- Delete extra themes that you are not using (if you don’t know what to delete – ask for help, please!). Having inactive or out of date themes can create vulnerabilities for your site as well as slow it down.
- Delete unused plugins. Do not keep deactivated plugins for “someday”. Delete any plugins that you are not currently using as inactive or out of date plugins can create vulnerabilities for your site as well as slow it down.
- Set featured images for your posts. This can help for people who are sharing your posts on social media and for your Related Posts Thumbnails Plugin. You can also add titles and image tags to your images when you are uploading them, as this helps with your seo.
- Update your About page. You can also add a cute photo of you, with a mini bio, to your sidebar and use it to link to your About page.
- Make it easy for people to share your content. Do you have some kind of share plugin installed and in use?
- Make it easy for people to contact you. We recommend a contact form that auto emails to you, as this protects your email address.
- Limit the posts on your front page to 3 full posts unless you have some other form of home page (such as 1 large post and 4 excerpts).
- Check the navigation of your site and see if there are any ways you can improve.
I am linking up with Top Ten Tuesday this week.