Put It In My Pocket
How the Pocket App saves me time.
I have the Pocket App extension for Chrome installed on my toolbar. When someone posts an interesting article on Twitter and I don’t have time to read, I simply put it in my Pocket for later. When I am on Facebook and friends are sharing awesome links, I can slip it into my Pocket for later when I have a few minutes to read. When I am working with clients and they send me to a very cool site, I simply, “Put It In My Pocket” for later. When I am reading the news in my various news apps on my tablet at night, I can save articles to read and share later (often I Buffer them at the same time).
I was hesitant to try one more thing, but this app seriously saves me time. I was pinning and buffering everything I found, but that did not give me ONE place to go back and read things. Pocket does that. It is consistent and easy to use.
The best thing is, now I can read blog posts and news articles at my leisure. When I have a few minutes (usually right before bed), I pull up the Pocket App on my Nexus 7 tablet and read what I have put in my pocket.
It has seriously saved me time (I don’t go down as many crazy bunny trails anymore when I am supposed to be “working”) and it also saves me from having way too many tabs (like 30 plus) open all the time.
Check it out.
Here are the things that I can do:
- save articles to read later.
- save reference materials for projects I am working on.
- read things in my pocket on my computer or tablet.
- save things from my tablet or my computer.
- read on my tablet, at night, all the articles I found during the day.
- have less tabs open in my browser.
- not lose things I really want to read.
- tag articles and read by topic.
Here is my process (you can figure out what works for you).
- I have the Pocket App installed on my browser (Chrome) so I can pocket posts and pages as I come to them.
- I have the Pocket App for Mac installed on my iMac so I can read on my computer.
- I have the Pocket App installed on my Nexus 7 so I can read the things in my Pocket when I am away from the computer.
Pocket Apps To Install (as needed)
Questions for you
- What time savers do you use?
- What apps have helped you to be more productive?
This blog post was inspired by a comment that Amy made on her Facebook page.